Thursday 17 January 2013

Nearing an end...

So I received an email today from Jan-Erik telling me that he had finished reading my thesis. Tomorrow I will go and we will discuss the changes he has suggested and possibly move forward even deeper into the project. Again, my project is determining electron temperature distributions within Titan's lower ionosphere. Well, with the results that I have gotten, I have decided that I want to take a bold step and see if it is possible to start making predictions of electron temperatures. If that works, then that will go a long way in helping to explain the processes that control the temperatures in this region. It is a long shot, but those are what I like. Being able to find the connections and draw conclusions that most do not expect is a wonderful thing. In any case, we will find out tomorrow what his thoughts are. After that, I will set up a final presentation and then my master's work here at Uppsala will be finished. The only thing that will remain after my presentation will be to run around,dot my i's and cross my t's so as to ensure there will be no problem transitioning to the next step, whatever that may be. Just in time for the next round of PhD position announcements. Because of my personal matter, I was unable to secure myself a position last year. Oh well,if at first you do not succeed, try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment